Monday, August 24, 2009

The Asperger's Movie, "Adam"

A great movie for any adult who is familiar with Asperger's Syndrome is the newly released independent film, "Adam". The trailer may seem like a funny romance, but if you have Asperger's in the family, this will hit home and may hit hard.

As accurate a portrayal of AS as I have ever seen on film, parts were so disturbing that I cried. This is not a movie for children, but you may want to buy the DVD when it comes out to share with friends and family! Those more likely to watch a movie than read a book will come away with a more clear picture of life with Asperger's Syndrome.

3 comments:

  1. Would this be okay for a young teen to see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so strict about what our kids see, that I would only want a very mature child (around 15 yo) to see this. I remember one scene and at least one really foul word I would not want my kids to see/hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out "My Name is Khan". it's a great movie about a Muslim man who has autism.

    ReplyDelete