Sunday, April 28, 2019

There can be good days, weeks, and months! But . . .

Six months.  Half a year.  All relatively peaceful.

What’s the secret to achieving such happiness?  Oh, sweetheart, there isn’t one.

There are things that help.  Avoidance. Refusal to engage in circular arguments.  Refusal to share my emotions.  Care not to speak with strong emotion.

Those exact same things I always say and know to be true, but tend to forget.  I realize this afresh, every time I fail to implement such strategies.

Like today.  After another go-round on this endless NT/AS carousel.

I AM SISYPHUS.   And this marriage sometimes feels like the definition of insanity.

There can be good days, weeks, and months!

But . . . .






Description

In Greek mythology, Sisyphus was punished by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down when it nears the top, repeating this action for eternity. Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment