Self-Protective Measures for the NT Partner
in an NT/AS Relationship:
* Don't require eye contact. Because you might not like what you see (and don't see). :(
* Don't make eye contact because you might not like what you see (and don't see). :(
* Don't share your emotions. Be stoic in conversations.
* Don't share too much information.
* Don't attempt "mutual sharing."
* Don't think they want to understand. They probably don't. :(
* Retreat often.
* Retreat quickly.
* Retreat. To a true place of retreat.
* Don't ask. Just smile and nod.
* Talk slowly. In a monotone.
* Don't care when you only ever get disapproval. Well, try not to care, anyway.
* Remember that your behavior is what matters most to an aspie . . . not your heart.
Love your enemies. Bless your enemy. If he is hungry, give him something to eat. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Love your enemies.