When the hard times hit, and the INSANITY you feel in your NT/AS marriage begins to take over . . .
It helps to hear over and over, again and again, the little reminders that bring back some semblance of sane.
1. This is neurological wiring of the brain.
2. You must drop your "NT" expectations! The surest way to avoid disappointment is not to expect anything from others.
3. This is a very difficult trial to live with.
4. This lonely trial can and should draw you closer to Christ, depending on Him as your very closest friend.
5. This fiery trial is ordained by God for your good, to sanctify you (which is just a theological word for make you more like Christ).
And most importantly, remember to "above all, fervently love one another." 1 Peter 1:22