Friday, April 17, 2009

Praying for Wisdom

There have been many times over the years that I have struggled to understand my spouse. Disagreements that ended in tears (for me) would puzzle me. If only I could understand what was going on. . . I just couldn't put my finger on why things had to be so confused and confusing. Why can't he understand how I'm feeling? Why does he get so frustrated if I ever disagree with him? How can this man who loves me, walk right by me when I'm crying?

I often pray a general plea of "HELP, Lord!" But until recently hearing a sermon on the book of James, I had not faithfully prayed specifically for wisdom. James 1:5 says that if anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask God (who gives to all men liberally) for wisdom, and wisdom will be given to him. But verse 6 says he must ask in faith without any doubting that he will receive wisdom. And verse 7 says the man who doubts will not receive anything.

A few days after praying that prayer for wisdom, I began researching Asperger's for the first time. Some would believe this to be a happy coincidence, but I thank God for answering my prayer. Now I must remember to keep praying for wisdom as this journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment